Lip augmentation is one of the hottest aesthetic procedures right now. Before you get your lips done it is important to do your homework. Be sure that you are getting the lips that you want from the right provider! Here are a few things that we recommend before you jump in and go for it!
- Make sure your provider is experienced with lip augmentation. The most common side effects are bruising and tenderness but there are also important vessels in this area. It’s very important that the person injecting understands anatomy very well and knows how to avoid hitting or getting any product into those vessels to help avoid permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Don’t go by price when deciding who to go to. The right provider might cost more, but it is worth it!! Your lips are not the place to save money.
- Know your lip goals and have realistic expectations. If you have small, thin lips then having Kardashian lips might not be possible for you…BUT you can still achieve a beautiful outcome. If you want your results to be subtle make sure you communicate that so that you don’t get a surprise at the end of your treatment!
- If you want to go big you can also go slow. Doing relatively smaller amounts of filler over two or three, or even more, sessions will help your lips maintain and enhance their shape and avoid that duck-lipped look.
- Look at the face as a whole and try and work out how fuller lips will affect the overall proportions of your face. Sometimes volume loss in other areas can affect the way the lips look, and especially the chin can affect how you see the lips and the balance of lower to the upper lip.
Schedule a consultation today.
We can talk about your lip goals and come up with a plan to give you YOUR perfect lips!